Thursday, April 05, 2007

"All things being equal, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."


Okay, I am officially excited now!

I just finished watching the latest trailer for the upcoming Live Free or Die Hard over at Reel Fanatic and although I think a fourth Die Hard movie at this point in time is probably not a good idea (I tend to think the fourth movie in any series isn't a good idea), I have to admit that the movie does show promise. The first trailer I saw didn't do much for me but then the first Spider-man 2 trailer didn't do much for me either while the second one, to use rather popular terminology, "blew me away" (as did the movie itself). No matter how good or bad this movie turns out to be, I'm almost certain it won't match the quality of the original Die Hard (which happens to be one of my all-time favorite films). So far its sequels, though, have been pretty good... as far as sequels go anyway.

In commemoration of this, I was going to write an extensive analysis of the first Die Hard but, as fate would have it, I stumbled upon an amazing Appreciation for Die hard at The House Next Door and came to the painful realization that there was no way I was ever going to be able to say it any better than Kenji Fujishima does here (there is also an incredible collections of reactions, comments and insights by fellow Die Hard-lovers; I really wish I had known about this at the time as I would love to have chimed in). So, I'll simply re-post the trailer here in the hopes that you enjoy it as much as I did. I also hope I like the movie as much I liked the trailer. It looks like it could be a lot of fun. The stunts alone look spectacularly awesome... and yes, in case you were wondering, that is Kevin Smith at the very end!

So, that's it. All that remains for me now, I think, is to say:

"YIPPEE-KI-YAY, MOTHERF***ER!"

No comments: